and lately…I’ve needed this on a t-shirt
Top-10 Hints for Heterosexuals
- Do not run screaming from the room. This is rude.
- If you do have to back away, do so slowly and with discretion.
- Do not assume we are attracted to you.
- Do not assume we are not.
- Do not expect us to be as excited about meeting a heterosexual as you are about meeting a gay person.
- Do not immediately start talking about your boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife in order to make it clear that you are straight.
- Do not ask us why we got this way. Instead, ask yourself how you got the way you are.
- Do not assume we are dying to talk about being gay.
- Do not expect us to refrain from talking about being gay.
- Do not trivialize our experiences by assuming this is a bedroom issue only. We are gay 24-hours a day.