Most people, when summer arrives, spend their weekends out of doors. I’m not particularly out door oriented, but I spent a very odd weekend indoors.
Last month one of the ladies in my quilting bee mentioned a product which is used to set the dye on batik fabric. I’d never heard of it, and I spent the month contemplating all the batik fabric in my stash that might shed its dye and ruin future quilts.
After a quick dash to my favorite quilt store, I came home last weekend to wash yards and yards of fabric. I thought I’d do a “little” ironing each morning, trying to get the fabric back into my stash by Friday. Of course, it didn’t work out that way, and by Friday night I had to carry arm loads of fabric to the guest bedroom so that I could get ready for visitors.
Saturday morning arrived and I vowed to get the pressing done. I worked on it ALL DAY LONG!! And I STILL wasn’t done. The worst of it was that I discovered I had missed easily thirty-five yards of batik that had to be washed.
Since I had the ironing board up, I ironed the place mats and napkins from the brunch a week ago. I won’t be likely to need most of them until later in the year, but I’d rather not have to deal with linens the week before a gathering.
So, it was gorgeous Saturday morning, and I spent it inside ironing. Thunderstorms came through and I paused for a few minutes, but went on with my ironing. Sunday morning, I ironed before I went out to the garden, and Sunday evening I finished the big pieces of batik
BOOOORRRRRRIIIIIING! But I got it done. I feel better because I got it done. The next boring chore is to swap summer and winter wardrobes. I know it’s June. The weather just heated up yesterday!